Friday, May 22, 2015

Day One: The Closing

When I tell you that God is good, oooh weee!!!!  Everything was divinely orchestrated to bring me here.  The way that I found the property, the way that the price was decreased, even the dark moments of being denied a mortgage loan for the amount that I needed, all the waiting for the short sell to be approved.  ALL was apart of God's plan.  The price dropped again and I was able to pay CASH for my condo.  No mortgage.  CASH!  Won't He do it?  God didn't stop there.  When I got to the closing, I was given a generous tax credit which was more than the closing costs.  The title company ended up giving ME a check.  Lol  I am still in awe of his goodness.  No, He's better than good, He's great, awesome, fantastic, remarkable and I can go on and on.

When I left the closing, I went over to my condo and walked around.  All 1,329 sq ft of it!  I'm in love... I see it for what it's going to look like.  It is already decorated in my head.  I have a lot of work ahead of me but I don't mind.  In fact, I am grateful to put in the sweat equity to make it my home.  I look forward to the memories that will take place there.  The meals that I will prepare for friends and family, the "Me time" that I will have and the quiet time with God that I will share.  I am looking forward to this summer that my kids will spend there.  I also look forward to them returning to college in the fall.  :-)

I've dreamed a long time for this day.  I've been storing boxes of homegoods and furniture in my basement for years.  I'm so over the big house thing.  I will be moving out of this 4200 sq ft "McMansion" within the next few days and I couldn't be happier.  Don't get me wrong, I am grateful to have lived here; I am just so excited about what I really want (the condo).  It is mine and I am ecstatic!

To new beginnings,
Nikki
xoxo

Prayer:  Thank You Lord for making my dream of homeownership a reality.  Thank you for this condo that I've been looking at for well over a year.  You've not only heard my prayers but you brought them to pass.  I am forever grateful.  I will be a good steward over it.  I pray that your favor continues.  I pray that you protect my family and home from harm. I pray that great memories will be made there.  In Jesus' name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment