Sunday, May 24, 2015

Day 3: Painting, Gas Leaks and Stuff...

So today, my sisters, daughter and I painted the foyer, living room, dining room, hallway, my son's bedroom and my daughter's bedroom.

Dining Room BEFORE

Dining Room AFTER

BEFORE (another angle)


AFTER---It looks black on the photos but it is actually a datk gray called "Intellectual" by Behr

The Living Room was painted about two shades lighter than the dining room.  The color is called "Coal Mine" by Behr

Hallway BEFORE


Hallway AFTER

My son's room BEFORE

My son's room AFTER

My oldest sister kept smelling gas and we thought that she was being her usual dramatic self but I called Nicor out just to be safe.  They checked my laundry room and it was fine (dryer connect needed a cap though; he put one on) then he checked the stove in the kitchen.

The dryer cap that Nicor put on the gas line until I bring my dryer over

Sure enough one of the gas line had a leak and he immediately cut the valve off from my stove.  She loves to be right, I'll humbly apologize because that saved our lives.  The place was already filled with fumes after I put the oven through self cleaning yesterday.  Had my sister not caught that, things could have went several disastrous ways.  I thank God for yet another blessing with this condo.  My daughter, both sisters, my dad and I were all there, we were in a dangerous situation and God kept us.

Our lungs are fine, nothing blew up, God is awesome!  The Nicor guy said that they can fix it for $65 or we can call a handy man.  I think I'll set the appointment with Nicor because a handyman may or may not be able to fix that.  Gas is pretty serious.  The stove can stay disconnected for now, when I move my washer and dryer in then I'll call Nicor to fix it.  They can properly hook my dryer up too!


No comments:

Post a Comment