Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Day 5: Empire

Not the Fox TV Drama "Empire" (although I can use some of that Lucious Lyon cash right about now) but my appointment with the flooring company.  The sales representative was very knowledgeable and I knew what I wanted so it didn't take long.  He could not give me the hardwood floors that I wanted because I am on a concrete slab.  He said that they couldn't nail the floors down plus wood expanding over concrete will cause buckling not to mention what happens when moisture gets trapped.  He showed me an alternative, laminate floors that have the look of hardwood (and also has the tongue/groove interlocking).  It's a floating floor made for concrete slabs.  The samples were cool, I just know that I did not want carpet in the living room, dining room and hallway.

I chose the darkest color selection (walnut) and for the bedrooms, I chose Berber carpet.  I was torn between the light gray and the beige or darker beige but went along with the darker beige.  I like that it's stain resistant, oh and I have a 60 year warranty on the laminate floors which are low maintenance and scratch resistant.  I am not going to type the total of my bill.  That is the unpleasant part of the consultation but it could have been worse.  I am going to focus on the good part, which means that the ugly, buggy, dirty, dusty, dated shag carpet will be gone!  Thank you Jesus!

They are coming tomorrow to lay the carpet in the bedrooms and then another crew is coming on Thursday to lay the hard flooring.

After the consultation, I attempted to apply the chevron wall stencil on my daughter's feature wall and that was a complete FAIL.  It kept curling up on me and the stencil wouldn't even stay with 3M painter's tape or Frog tape.  I even sprayed the tact glue on back but no Bueno.  I have the stencil laying on the kitchen counter with books on top to straighten it out.  I will try again when Empire leaves tomorrow.  If it doesn't work then I don't know what to do.  I ignored the negative comments here about it hoping to be one of the few satisfied customers.  I'm not throwing in the towel so easily though.

No comments:

Post a Comment