Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Day 12: Getting the inside of the cabinets and drawers ready to fill

I lined all of the drawers and cabinets with gray and white chevron contact paper.  I wrestled with that stuff and still got creases but I'm not going to worry about it.  I lined some drawers and the cabinet with the dishes with a gray non-slip mesh on top of the contact paper to keep things like my wine glasses from sliding or my utensils from sliding when you pull the drawer open.


I am really regretting not taking a "before" picture of the stove.  It was really dirty.  It was so dirty that I originally planned to just throw it out and get the stainless steal one that I want.  I came to my senses and just gave it a well-deserved scrubbing though.  As mentioned in an earlier blog that I self-cleaned the oven and it looks great.

The grates on the stove were wearing my fingers out and I knew that there had to be an easier way to clean them.  I found a Youtube video saying to get four 1 gallon ziplock bags, put a grate in each bag, then put Ammonia in the bag.  Let them soak over night and then the next day, lightly wipe them with your dish towel and soap, then rinse with warm water.  I did just that the other day and it was easy peasy.  I also soaked the stove knobs and those round thingies that go on top of the burner.  Today all I had to do with the stove was get a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, dampen it and wipe the dirt from the side of the stove off.

No comments:

Post a Comment